Search This Blog

Friday, October 21, 2016

Starting a New Life

Happy Birthday to my daughter-in-law.  I hope that she is celebrating in the style that the event requires, and that we start all over again when I see her next.
She and my son have embarked on a new adventure, moving across Iowa late this summer.  They are slowly but surely getting their house situated the way they want it, getting to know the new town, and figuring out where to do all the things that make life routine.  It is all a bit overwhelming, of course, but the two of them have kept their spirits high and are approaching it with the sort of enthusiasm that will make it work.
It has been a rough year for all of us and no one escaped unscathed.  Especially not her.  About a month after this picture was taken I was diagnosed with Ovarian cancer, and then in early summer her brother was diagnosed with leukemia and has since undergone a bone marrow transplant.  Yikes.  It is just a lot to deal with, and then to move on top of it all!  I am hoping for all our sake that the upcoming year is a bit quieter in terms of bad news, and holds more fun and adventure.  May it be so.

No comments:

Post a Comment