Search This Blog

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Quilt Week: Red Applique on White

I have always loved quilts that have red on white.  I like the traditional red embroidery that was prevalent before World War II.  I even have several squares of it embroidered in an unfinished projects box that I have yet to go through and finish.  And I have spent some time appliqueing over the past decade or so.
The thing about this quilt that I love (and that I have never done myself) is the applique design that is overall, with an elaborate border which I assume was pieced all at once on each of the edges of the quilt and that the center is appliqued as an enormous piece.  I am almost certain that I would have to be in a class in order for me to get this started, but it is something that I love the look of and think is within the range of my abilities.  I actually like to do needle turn applique, and I might struggle with the perfection of lay out that this quilt achieves, it is on my to do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment